- conditions treated (a-z)
- treatment procedure
Electro-acupuncture incorporates the application of a weak electrical current to an acupuncture needle:
Needles are inserted on specific acupuncture points along the body,
Needles are then attached using small clips to a device that generates continuous electric pulses.
Electro-acupuncture initially arose as a necessity to respond rapidlyas a symptomatic treatmentto injuries as those of during a war and/or natural disasters.
As a healing technique, electro-acupunctureis analogues to that of traditional acupuncture and its therapeutic effect corresponds with that of TEAM, that is:
* provides antispasmodic effect, eliminates or relieves pain,
* regulates homeostasis by balancingexcess/over-activity (e.g. inflammation, swelling) of tissues,
* increases blood circulation locally as well as overall in the circulatory system,
* strengthens the immune system,
* provides calming affectand muscle relaxation,
* has an anti-inflammatory affect.
Typically ,electro-acupuncture isemployed foracuteor chronic musculoskeletal disorders and symptomatic treatmentin order to:
Eliminate pathologic Qias in: Wind, Cold, Dampness,Heat and Phlegmmanifesting aswanderingaches,burning sensations,numbness, tingling,itching, cramps, heaviness, paralysis, muscles/joint and skin inflammations, lumps etc.
To circulate Qiand Blood,as in case of theirstasis,manifesting as:severe and/or well localized pain, numbness, spasms, paralysis,labour pain, tumors,etc.
Electro-acupuncture is safe and pain free
While being treated patients may (or may not) experience tingling sensation along the meridian that is being treated.
* pregnant women,
* patients with heart disease, pacemaker,
* vessel spasms,
* patients using blood thinning medicine,
* acute injuries e.g. fractures,
* serious mental disorders,
* sites containing metal implants.